Living Doll
This kind of outfit is exactly what my dolls used to wear: A corduroy dress, silk blouse and of course tights. I'm wearing heels today as my flats made me look a little too young (this look is already borderline girlish). Walking to the subway station this morning made me realize why I don't wear heels in NY. I definitely can't walk as fast as I usually would, and I attract more unwanted attention in my neighborhood, which is gross. So lesson learned, stash the heels in my bag and wear only once at work, and keep to the flats for commuting.
**Oh and I'm sure other ladies can relate to this: Now that I'm wearing tights with some of my cotton dresses, there's alot of bunching happening when I walk (the friction between the two fabrics). To stop this from happening, I bought a slip skirt at a thrift store ($2.99) and cut it to make it short enough to wear under most dresses. This has been my saving grace in the fall/winter months to prevent my dresses from riding up and exposing any unnecessary bits.
To answer a few questions I received in the past few days:
- I take my pictures in the morning right before heading out the door. This is when my makeup is at it freshess and my hair is still ruly. Besides, by the time I get home it's dark outside.
- I'm french Canadian, grew up in a french household and went to french schools growing up. It wasn't until college that I switched over to English. The transition was hard especially writting essays but I've been biligual my whole life so it wasn't that foreign to me.
- My blog name means: "Bright Idea" or "Brilliant Idea" in french. I'm not sure how I came up with it. One day when I was signing up to chictopia it just came to mind....kind of like a bright idea.....haha.
- I use a Nikon D60 for all of my pictures. I take them myself with the help of a tripod. If I'm out I'll try and get a friend to take them for me but I've become very particular of angles and distances and not everyone knows how to use my camera so I end up giving them a little tutorial of how to take my picture which ends with them rolling their eyes at me.
- I work for kensie, which explains all of the cute kensie/kensiegirl dresses that I'm always wearing.
I think that was all of them. Feel free to ask anything that I might've missed or not mentioned in any of my posts! I really enjoy reading all of your comments. I'm happy to know that I'm not the only "blogging/chictopia" addict out there! It's nice to hear other opinions and suggestions, like I said, you all are so nice to me!! Oh and thanks for the music advice! I'll definitely check out the recommendations.
Outfit:
Dress}kensiegirl
Blouse}Thrifted
Tights}AA
Shoes}Seychelles