This week on Cutdrop
I know I've been a little lazy these past few weeks and have failed to mention the new sales going on every week @ Cutdrop. For those of you who are just joining this blog, Cutdrop is a new Online designer pop up shop. They feature one designer /week and have up to 50% off their duds. The best part is that 10% of every sale is donated to the designer's chosen charity. This week features: Society for Rational Dress. As I hadn't heard of this company before I decided to do a little research. This is what I found:
Towards the end of the 19th century, the London-based Rational Dress Society set out to reform women’s fashion by doing away with the constricting and deforming garments typical to the Victorian era. “They fought against prescriptions in fashion,” says Society for Rational Dress founder, and designer Corinne Grassini in explaining why she chose them as the namesake for her line. “They didn’t want to be told what to wear.” While choices in clothing are far from lacking now, Grassini still feels that women’s fashion is subject to cultural prescriptions, dictated by celebrity and the trend machine rather than by what is really right for the individual female figure. Like the Rational Dress Society, Grassini wants women to feel confident and empowered in their clothing and her Society for Rational Dress designs reflect this.
After reading this I really like what they're all about. I checked out their website and their Fall/Holiday 09 line looks so original and not like anything else I've seen. Their charity of choice is the LA Children's hospital.
So you know...do it for the kids. The link can be found at the bottom of this page.
Towards the end of the 19th century, the London-based Rational Dress Society set out to reform women’s fashion by doing away with the constricting and deforming garments typical to the Victorian era. “They fought against prescriptions in fashion,” says Society for Rational Dress founder, and designer Corinne Grassini in explaining why she chose them as the namesake for her line. “They didn’t want to be told what to wear.” While choices in clothing are far from lacking now, Grassini still feels that women’s fashion is subject to cultural prescriptions, dictated by celebrity and the trend machine rather than by what is really right for the individual female figure. Like the Rational Dress Society, Grassini wants women to feel confident and empowered in their clothing and her Society for Rational Dress designs reflect this.
After reading this I really like what they're all about. I checked out their website and their Fall/Holiday 09 line looks so original and not like anything else I've seen. Their charity of choice is the LA Children's hospital.
So you know...do it for the kids. The link can be found at the bottom of this page.