Navy on my mind

Today I had the most productive day ever. Let me just clear up that I had the day off and it did not involve sleeping in and staying in my pj's.

Mel's To Do List
    Trader Joe's
    Laundry
    Beacon's closet drop off
    Update Etsy
    Christmas Shopping
    Attend: Vegan baking with Babycakes

I made it to Trader Joes bright and early before they got crazy busy as the line ups are usually wrapped around the store. It actually took me longer to get there than to pick up all of my items and make it through the cashier. I have a pretty set grocery list for TJ's so I know exactly what I'm looking for and where to find it.
I quickly dropped everything at home and then was on my way to listen to a discussion about vegan baking from the owner and chef at Babycakes, Erin McKenna. She brought up some really good advice and tips on what to use as egg, sugar, and flour replacers as her bakery is all vegan, mostly gluten/soy free pastries. I wrote about it on one of my birthday posts here. She has a new cookbook out right now too which unfortunately I could not pick up as I'm inundaded with vegan cookbooks that I barely have the time to sift through (no pun intended).

After the talk, I came home for lunch and to pick up the bag of clothing that I wanted to drop off at Beacon's Closet. So I made my way out once again and even found a couple little items for myself while I was waiting for them to go through my items. I love the fact that I usually have a credit stored up therefore never have to she;ll out any cash. On my way home I stopped at a few little shops to pick up some little trickets/presents for friends.
Now I am home and am debating whether or not I want to be a superstar and do some laundry which would require me to leave my house for the 4th time today! Hmm...no way. Who am I kidding, laundry could always wait. O.k, so I finished most of the things on my list. I did take some pictures of a few items to add to my etsy, which I've been neglecting, oops!

And now for my outfit during all of this:







I bought this skirt at the Bust Craftacular on Sunday. It was one of 2 items that I bought for myself.(Only 2 items!!!) I was immediately drawn to the print. I think I've mentioned this before but I'm kind of picky with prints which is why I don't wear them alot. I think since this one was on a navy blue ground (navy is definitely underappreciated) and the flowers were the perfect shades of coral/pink and ivory, I knew it would work itself very easily into my wardrobe. It's probably meant to be worn in the Summer since it's a silk fabric, but I couldn't wait! I paired it with some super thick grey tights and then added some neutral layers. I like the way the print pops against the blues and grays.
I decided to look up the designer, Mary Savel, and see what else was in store as I feel like the craft fair was a little chaotic and I couldn't take everything in. She has some very cute dresses and cloaks in store for fall. Exactly what I'd be looking for and her prices are very affordable. Through her website I found the other items from the same print (collection) as my skirt. I can't get enough, this print is so great in every piece!





         (pictures found at: http://www.marysavel.com/)

Sorry for the extra huge post today, but as you can probably tell I spent the day alone and therefore have so much to talk about!

Outfit:
Skirt} Mary Savel
Tee}AA
Cardigan}F21
Tights}Roots
Boots}Vintage Dexter
Hat /Scarf} Made by me!

Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories