The skirt epiphany
If you've been following this blog, you'll remember back in the summer when I was on the hunt for the perfect floral flowy skirt(posts here & here). Well, yesterday while browsing through the racks at beacon's and going through their skirts it finally hit me: I've been looking for the wrong skirts. I always had this vision of wearing a longer floral or plaid (sorta) prairie skirt, who am I kidding? I'm only 5'3" (rounded up) and not at all lanky, the type of body that these skirts would look amazing on. Why did this take me so long to figure out? was it yesterday's outfit that made me realize this, or was it the fact that I never found that perfect skirt? In any case, I left beacon's yesterday with one new skirt and am happy to have this new revelation .
This particular one i'm wearing today was a thrift store purchase from Ottawa two weeks ago. Looking at the pictures I think i'm going to hem it for it to be a true knee length as right now it hits just slightly below (why I am so short!). I'm also dropping another one off at the tailors today to get about 4 inches chopped off so that I can hopefully wear it this week. hahhhhh (sigh of relief) everything will be alright.
Outfit:
Blouse} Thrifted
Skirt}Thirfted
Skinny belt}Thrifted
Tights}Uniqlo
Shoes} Vintage Unisa


