Five Questions Friday- round 2

I have such a hard time sifting through all the fantastic questions you have! Grrr, it's so hard to not just email you back with my answers right away! I really do hope you all don't mind me taking my time in answering these.
Here's this weeks:

1. What is the one pair of shoes you couldn't live without?

It's funny but I never thought of myself as a shoe person. Yeah I have a few but I don't really go seeking shoes and then when I find myself not having any cute new shoes to wear I'll go buy 2 or 3 pairs (4 or 5 if thrifting) all at once!
If I had to choose one pair it would be my Dexter boots that I found not too long ago. I feel comfortable wearing them and they go will practically anything I own.



Although, my grey Jeffrey Campbells are by far the most popular on this blog!




2. How often do you go shopping?

I probably shop once a week. I don't really schedule a time for it. I'll randomly pop in a shop on my way home from work or after having lunch with a friend, we'll decide to stop by one of our Brooklyn spots. It's more something that I'll do if I'm bored or want to take a walk outside. I rarely EVER step into a mall. I've lived in cities where malls aren't really that popular so it's mainly free standing stores and quaint boutiques.

3.Your thrifty and vintage-loving ways have inspired me to shop more at second-hand shops. My problem is that when I'm vintage shopping, I have a hard time imagining how to style the really cool, unique clothes so they don't look over-the-top or costumey. Any tips for me?

The thrill of thrifting usually comes from finding a great unique piece that no one else will have. This is exactly what happens to me, so I try to keep a clear mental image of items I already have in my wardrobe. Personally I think that anchoring down that piece with more contemporary items will tone down the costume effect.
This blouse for instance. When I found it, it screamed Haiwaii Granny from the 80's. To get away with it, I paired it once with a tulip black skirt, and another time with basic jeans. Two very "now" items.






4. How often to you purge your closet? What criteria do you decide if something should stay or go?

This might sounds ridiculous but I go through my closet about every two weeks. My thought process is the following:
- how unique is this piece? will I be able to find an updated version later on?
- how does this item fit in with the rest of my clothing? if I have nothing to pair it with, then it goes.
- have I worn this item in every possible way? am I tired of it?
- do I have similar thing to this that I might not need multiples of? jeans, cardigans (mostly grey ones)
- do I love it the same way I loved it when I bought it?

5. What's on your wishlist at the moment?

Pastels! Light pinks! Mint Greens! for color. I am so sick of wearing greys and dark colors and it seems like thats all I have this winter. I knew this going in but I really thought I'd find more light neutrals by now.
I'm really looking for pants also. Pleated trousers, most importantly highwaisted ones are on my radar right now. I think I'll have most luck finding these thrifting as place like H&M and UO mostly stock cropped harem style that ride lower on the hips.



Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories