Five questions Friday
I have to start my questions feature with the most popular subject that is my job.
Here you go, my coworkers are going to looooove this.
1.Where did you go to school? Design School?
I attended College in Ottawa,ON (my hometown) and enrolled in their Sales & Marketing program. After one year I really wanted to move to Vancouver,BC so I found a similar college in the city that would transfer most of my credits from the first year and had a similar curriculum for their Business Marketing program. No design school followed as I hadn't any thoughts of going into fashion at that time.
2. How did you get into Fashion?/ How you came to work at kensie?
One of my first jobs was in retail, and then that sort of stuck for a long time. I'm talking 10 years of retail (no joke). I was looking to get out of retail when an ex-coworker that I had worked with told me that mac & jac/kensie had a head office in Vancouver and might be looking for a customer service rep, especially someone that spoke french, which is rare in Vancouver and the West Coast in general. So I sent in my resume and waited. When the call came I was so happy, I knew that this was going to work. This also explains all the kensie/kensiegirl items popping up in my outfit posts.
3. What do you do at kensie?
Since my beginings at kensie, in Customer Service, I've moved into the Merchandising Dept. I can't even begin to say how perfect a fit this is with my personality. We help plan, price and buy the line before it hits the market. We work with all of our teams: production, design, sales to create a coesive line that looks amazing and is right on trend. I love seeing the line right from the development stages to when the buyers come in and place their orders.
4. I know you're Canadian, i'm interested to know when you moved there and what made you move?
I moved to New York on October 31st 2008, (it's on Halloween day which is why I remember the exact date). I was relocated here through Kensie. I'm currently here on a 3 year work visa which I hope to renew!
5. I'm from Canada and want to pursue my career in the US, any suggestions?
Marry a nice American boy!haha.ok. not really. Unfortunately you can't technically live in the US without some kind of visa. Depending on what field you're applying in, bigger companies have the resources to become a sponsor and work on getting you a work visa.
I hope this was informative enough for you all that had those questions. If you need any more details, please don't hesitate to email me!
Next week I will answer your style related questions.
Here you go, my coworkers are going to looooove this.
1.Where did you go to school? Design School?
I attended College in Ottawa,ON (my hometown) and enrolled in their Sales & Marketing program. After one year I really wanted to move to Vancouver,BC so I found a similar college in the city that would transfer most of my credits from the first year and had a similar curriculum for their Business Marketing program. No design school followed as I hadn't any thoughts of going into fashion at that time.
2. How did you get into Fashion?/ How you came to work at kensie?
One of my first jobs was in retail, and then that sort of stuck for a long time. I'm talking 10 years of retail (no joke). I was looking to get out of retail when an ex-coworker that I had worked with told me that mac & jac/kensie had a head office in Vancouver and might be looking for a customer service rep, especially someone that spoke french, which is rare in Vancouver and the West Coast in general. So I sent in my resume and waited. When the call came I was so happy, I knew that this was going to work. This also explains all the kensie/kensiegirl items popping up in my outfit posts.
3. What do you do at kensie?
Since my beginings at kensie, in Customer Service, I've moved into the Merchandising Dept. I can't even begin to say how perfect a fit this is with my personality. We help plan, price and buy the line before it hits the market. We work with all of our teams: production, design, sales to create a coesive line that looks amazing and is right on trend. I love seeing the line right from the development stages to when the buyers come in and place their orders.
4. I know you're Canadian, i'm interested to know when you moved there and what made you move?
I moved to New York on October 31st 2008, (it's on Halloween day which is why I remember the exact date). I was relocated here through Kensie. I'm currently here on a 3 year work visa which I hope to renew!
5. I'm from Canada and want to pursue my career in the US, any suggestions?
Marry a nice American boy!haha.ok. not really. Unfortunately you can't technically live in the US without some kind of visa. Depending on what field you're applying in, bigger companies have the resources to become a sponsor and work on getting you a work visa.
I hope this was informative enough for you all that had those questions. If you need any more details, please don't hesitate to email me!
Next week I will answer your style related questions.