Five questions Friday
1. What made you decide to start your blog?
When I moved to NYC last year I wanted a creative outlet to document my time here as well as showcase the diy knitting projects that I was doing. So I thought, why not start a blog? If you go back to my first few posts, you'll realize that they aren't consistent with the format that I have now. I think I did one or two posts then just stopped until picking it up again over the Summer and focusing on my outfits. At that time I had discovered chictopia and was really happy posting daily outfits. I started posting them on the blog and it turned into what it is now.
2. Where do you hope to take it in the future?
I've mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I want to spend more time being creative by focusing more on knitting, crocheting, and other possible DIY projects. So I really think that this blog will actually go back to it's original purpose. I'll keep posting the outfits, but I'll make sure to include a few crafty projects and of course continue with some hair tutorials. That's about it really. I'm not looking to make money off my blog, I have a great job in the fashion industry that pays my bills, so I just really want to keep this blog as a hobby and have fun with it.
3. Do you have any tips on how to pose well for photographs?
- be yourself.
- make sure we can see what you're wearing.
- think of how the outfit makes you feel, and run with it.
- do what makes you comfortable.
4. What is your dream job?
Okay, I want to do so many things. Here's a few that have run through my mind in the past couple of years.
- Own a bakery, and actually work in it.
- Flight attendant ( i think i'm too short to meet requirements)
- Stand up comedian ( i'm hilarious, I swear)
- Start my own daycare ( i love kids!)
- Open a yarn shop and offer knitting lessons.
5. Can you tell us about your skincare routine?
This one is so easy. I don't have one! When I was a teenager, I had the usual teenage breakouts, nothing too crazy but it was definitely persistent. I tried every skin care line out there just to have every single on of them fail me. As soon as I hit my twenties, I stopped using all these products and got back to the basics.
-washcloth
-hot water
-moisturizer
I'm not kidding! As soon as I stopped using the scrubs, cleansers, exfoliaters, toners, etc...my skin started clearing and actually looking good. I'll still use a gentle exfoliater every now and then when I feel I need it, but my daily routine is the good old washcloth. And you won't believe this but the moisturizer I use is Nivea creme, the one that comes in that blue pot and is probably meant for your body since its so thick. I remember reading somewhere that the thicker the moisterizer the better it is. So I tried it and now I can't live without it.
Also to keep in mind, your skin reflects what you eat. I'll drink tons of water, approx. 10 glasses a day, and stay away from soda/ fruit juices. I rarely eat fried foods and have more than my daily servings of fruit and veggies. Huge difference for your skin!
Have a great weekend!
p.s If I haven't answered your question, sit tight. I still have some for next friday, and a couple have actually inspired some post ideas. So I will definitely get to them, just a matter of time!
When I moved to NYC last year I wanted a creative outlet to document my time here as well as showcase the diy knitting projects that I was doing. So I thought, why not start a blog? If you go back to my first few posts, you'll realize that they aren't consistent with the format that I have now. I think I did one or two posts then just stopped until picking it up again over the Summer and focusing on my outfits. At that time I had discovered chictopia and was really happy posting daily outfits. I started posting them on the blog and it turned into what it is now.
(I used to document all of our outings, this is from my first weekend in Williamsburg)
2. Where do you hope to take it in the future?
I've mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I want to spend more time being creative by focusing more on knitting, crocheting, and other possible DIY projects. So I really think that this blog will actually go back to it's original purpose. I'll keep posting the outfits, but I'll make sure to include a few crafty projects and of course continue with some hair tutorials. That's about it really. I'm not looking to make money off my blog, I have a great job in the fashion industry that pays my bills, so I just really want to keep this blog as a hobby and have fun with it.
(yes, that's me, 2 years ago when I made sutffed monkeys!)
3. Do you have any tips on how to pose well for photographs?
- be yourself.
- make sure we can see what you're wearing.
- think of how the outfit makes you feel, and run with it.
- do what makes you comfortable.
(sometimes, I get silly)
4. What is your dream job?
Okay, I want to do so many things. Here's a few that have run through my mind in the past couple of years.
- Own a bakery, and actually work in it.
- Flight attendant ( i think i'm too short to meet requirements)
- Stand up comedian ( i'm hilarious, I swear)
- Start my own daycare ( i love kids!)
- Open a yarn shop and offer knitting lessons.
(if they still wore these outfits, maybe I'd apply)
5. Can you tell us about your skincare routine?
This one is so easy. I don't have one! When I was a teenager, I had the usual teenage breakouts, nothing too crazy but it was definitely persistent. I tried every skin care line out there just to have every single on of them fail me. As soon as I hit my twenties, I stopped using all these products and got back to the basics.
-washcloth
-hot water
-moisturizer
I'm not kidding! As soon as I stopped using the scrubs, cleansers, exfoliaters, toners, etc...my skin started clearing and actually looking good. I'll still use a gentle exfoliater every now and then when I feel I need it, but my daily routine is the good old washcloth. And you won't believe this but the moisturizer I use is Nivea creme, the one that comes in that blue pot and is probably meant for your body since its so thick. I remember reading somewhere that the thicker the moisterizer the better it is. So I tried it and now I can't live without it.
Also to keep in mind, your skin reflects what you eat. I'll drink tons of water, approx. 10 glasses a day, and stay away from soda/ fruit juices. I rarely eat fried foods and have more than my daily servings of fruit and veggies. Huge difference for your skin!
Have a great weekend!
p.s If I haven't answered your question, sit tight. I still have some for next friday, and a couple have actually inspired some post ideas. So I will definitely get to them, just a matter of time!

