Hey Brooklyn, Come home with me.

Yesterday I met up with Nickie & Dusty Rose Vintage for a little brunch and all you can drink mimosas, which is a very common thing here in NYC. After gabbing about blogging, vintage, and girl stuff and a few too many Mimosas, I headed out to their studio to possibly find something to wear to the chictopia10 party on Saturday.



Well, sometimes I just can't help myself, and when they pulled out this little outfit, I had to wear it right away. Doesn't it just scream Peggy Olson (Mad men reference). I feel very old school New York right now.





I love the lace details at the collar on the blouse, and I didn't take pictures of it, but to add to the vintage feel, it buttons up from the back with these precious little buttons. The skirt is the perfect winter print with its deep reds and browns. This kind of outfit is just what I needed to break out of my little rut.





      If you're not a Mad men fan let me explain to you my title choice. It's from a line in the movie, directed to Peggy Olson, who consequently, lives in Brooklyn.  

  Quote:

Eugene: Hey Brooklyn, come home with me.
Peggy Olson: Nuh-uh.
Eugene: Why not? I live alone.
Peggy Olson: Why should I?
Eugene: [questioning] Because I like you, and were having a good
time, and Im a good kisser and you know you want to.
Peggy Olson: Eugene, Im in the persuasion business, and frankly Im
disappointed by your presentation.
[Peggy pats Eugene condescendingly on the chest and walks away]     

(No, I don't know the lines by heart, yes, I googled Peggy Olson quotes)     

Outfit:
Skirt}Vintage via Dusty Rose Vintage (on loan)
Blouse}Vintage via Dusty Rose Vintage (on loan)
Cardigan} F21Tights} H&M
Shoes} Blimey Oxfords courtesy of Seychelles




Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories