You can't always get what you want
Since I haven't yet decided if i'm going to post Wednesday's outfit on my blog, I am grateful to have a backup outfit already photographed and ready to post! You see, after talking to some of the other bloggers who take their pics out in public I thought I'd be brave and take my tripod to work and snap a few pics on the street. Big mistake, people were stopping just as I was setting up my tripod, I ran into our printer tech guy adn awkwardly said hi, and then the shop where I was taking pictures in front of suddenly opened for business and ruined my chances at getting a decent shot. Ugghh boy.
Yes, I much prefer the (semi) privacy of my backyard. This is definitely a weekend look for me. Something comfty, cozy and not too fussy. I thrifted this cape/poncho at Value Village when I was in Ottawa a while ago. I love the vintage vibe of this outfit and maybe because its so un- NewYorker. With all of the hype around fashion week I realized that I seldom pay attention to designers. Oopsies! The nice thing to come out of it was that I got to meet some pretty amazing ladies. Honestly, it really was a surreal experience meeting in the flesh these girls that you follow on a daily basis. I'm sure you all are blogger meetuped out, so i'll stop here.
If you're not done hearing about the weekend, Julie recapped Saturday's meet up here, and Elizabeth has her own take on things here.
I'm really hoping to get back into the groove of posting my current daily outfit but the snow has put a huge damper on things in the backyard.
Outfit:
Shorts}kensiegirl
Poncho}Vintage via Value Village
Hat}Vintage via Goodwill
Boots}Vintage via Beacon's Closet