Hair post: Top Knot tips

A few people have asked me advice on how to make a good top knot. I think my style is a little more "messy bun" than official "top knot" but I thought I'd share some of my tips on how to recreate this look.

First lets get a look at a real top knot:

-tightly secured
-messy top
-wrapped around at the bottom

Here's my version:


- hair is loosely gathered
- not so high up on head
- more of a messy bun i/o knot.

You can also do this if you have a fringe, this is what I usually do:



- gather hair loosely
- secure right behind fringe line

(sorry for the passport looking photos but I thought the white background would be best to show you)

And now some tips that I've learned along the way:

- Start by using a dry shampoo or root lifting spray onto dry hair. This will mattify it as well as create volume

- I don't brush my hair out, I like the way it look messy

- Gather hair as high as possible without feeling too "runway". Anything directly behind the head will look like you're going to the gym:


(NOT GOOD!)

- Once you secured it with an elastic band, pull on the messy bun part to make it bigger, then secure a 2nd elastic over it to secure the loose ends that might have fallen out

- Wrap any loose end around the base and pin them with a bobby pin

Feel free to leave your tips in the comments section! I'm sure everyone would appreciate any advice for different length hair.





Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories