You look like a doily
Did anyone get that 90's movie quote I used for my title? Please say you did!
You know when you're thrifting and you find something so great, you wonder how it's possible that no one has snatched it up yet? Well, thats how I feel about this dress. As soon as I spotted that lace collar detail and antique brass buttons, this little number was mine. I then proceeded to think that it was too good to be true and examined every little nook and cranny to make sure there wasn't anything obviously non repairable. To my surprise, there wasn't! I didn't even try it on even though there were no tags attached and I was taking a chance that it would just magically fit my body, it did. Destined to be mine, I say! Alright enough about the dress.
I want to thank you all for leaving me your comments on yesterday's post. You don't even know how nervous I was when I pressed that "publish post" button. But reading, (and re-reading) your comments really made me feel like I did the right thing. I have no idea what the special formula is for a successful blog and I learn a little bit everyday through my readers and other like minded ladies. I think we're such a tight knit community that has the same insecurities and doubts and fears about blogging but seldom come out and say it. If we're all learning from each other, we automatically form a bond which is truly something special considering that we're all from different parts of the world. Isn't it fantastic? I consider so many of you my friends that sometimes it gets a little awkward when I mention that I have a friend in Germany that showed me where to find a sewing pattern to make shorts, or a friend in Autralia that made me a headband...really? People think I'm an international traveller of some sorts but really, I've never even "met" these so called friends! haha, are you even getting this? I hope I didn't lose you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that from now on I will make a more conscious effort to give you a little more insight to who I am, and in return hope to learn more about you.
That said, I am already enjoying my weekend, even though its raining. I think this is the perfect time to get all those little projects done that make me feel so accomplished in the end. I need to get the sewing machine out as I have a ton of things to be hemmed (story of my life). I'm also planning on doing alot of knitting to hopefully have some cute headbands added to my etsy shop. I've already posted a few new items in my blog shop, so check that out when you get a chance, but i'll be adding more over the course of the weekend. Yup, projects coming out of my ears!!!
*Oh and the movie I'm referencing in my title is Reality Bites. Shame on you if you haven't seen it!
Outfit:
Dress}Unknown thrifted via Beacon's Closet
Tights} UO
Shoes}Winner's
Jacket}The Bay
Headband}DIY