Going Barefoot




So obviously you've noticed that I'm barefoot today. Its on purpose and not because I didn't know what shoes to wear. If you're already a fan of TOMS shoes, you'd have heard that today was the day to go barefoot in order to spread awareness on how it feels to not have a pair of shoes.

Ok, maybe I need to back it up a little for those that don't know what TOMS shoes movement is all about? Basically for every pair of TOMS that you buy they give a pair to a child in a developing countries so that they can run around safely without fears of catching any diseases, and even get a chance to attend school.

A few facts from the TOMS website:
  • In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.
  • Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
  • Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
  • In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
  • Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.
Of course, I couldn't go barefoot all day since this is New York and I'd probably get deported or something, but maybe if you're looking for a cute, comfortable pair of shoes to wear all summer ( and trust me you'll never want to take these off) I urge you to click on one of the TOMS ads on my sidebar and see if you can't find a pair that suits your fancy. Oh and they come in baby sizes too, so brace yourself, they're the cutest little things ever.


Outfit:
Blouse}Calpurnia blouse, courtesy of Modcloth
Skirt}H&M
Belt}Value Village

Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories