Les jardins botaniques

After a pretty busy Saturday of meeting up with friends and going through about 10 different looks for a photoshoot (pics to come soon!), I had every intention of following through with my idea of going to the cherry blossom festival. Although it would've been nicer if I had a date, I have to say it was quite relaxing to just roam among the gardens and take a few pics. The Sakura Matsuri festival was going on and I guess Sunday's theme was anime because I found myself surrounded by young teens dressed as all of these different characters. Quite unexpected. I found that the cherry blossom trees weren't all that exciting, and there was a bunch of booths and events going on that I couldn't take my pictures there like I had expected. So I ventured around for a while and found some lovely lilac bushes instead.













I received this dress months ago from Kristin @ Leproust Vintage in a little swap that we did. However, it's been too cold to wear it until now. I did have a few things to alter on in, like taking it up at the hem as well as the sleeves. I added this bow detail to the front to add a little something to it, or else it would've been a very simple dress. In most of these pictures my face was practically melting off. It was so hot here in NY over the weekend. I was supposed to get so much stuff done but after this little walk around the gardens, I stopped at Target to get a few necessities, and then pretty much tried to keep cool in my apartment. As i'm writting this I have a nice big fan oscillating right beside me. Oh my, what surprises will this summer bring?

Outfit:
Dress}Leproust vintage
Shoes}thrifted via Value Village
Sunglasses} random store in garment district

Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories