Crème the menthe
I've been having a really great time here in Vancouver these past few days. Even though the weather has been a little overcast, I'm enjoying the cool breeze and mild temperature without overheating. I feel like it's a whole new way of dressing that I didn't get a chance to do in New York, as we went straight from being cold, to extremely hot. This in between really is nice as it gives you alot more options for tights, jackets, and shoes. Unfortunately, my Toms have not made it through the trip. They were starting to fall apart even before I wore them here and then torrential downpours on Sunday pushed it over the edge. I had to part ways with them on Monday after I realized that a few holes too many and a heel that was coming apart was just pushing it. Now i'm looing at getting a replacement pairs as I really don't feel that I can make it through the summer without my pair of Toms.
So this is me, heading out to work. The top is borrowed from a friend/coworker. We were going though her closet while I was staying with her this weekend and I couldn't believe that she still had this. It's from kensiegirl but from about 4 years ago (if not more). If you're familiar with my blog, you'll know that I clean out my closet and go through my wardrobe about every two weeks so having something like a top for 4 years is very rare in my case. But looking at it and the lace detail was just too cute! I definitely know why she still had it hanging up there. So I decided to borrow it for the day. Since I packed very light and have a carry-on luggage for the week, I figure I need any extra help I can get to stretch out my outfits.
A couple of pictures I took of Gastown in the rain on Sunday
Outfit:
Top}kensiegirl, borrowed from friend
Shorts}thrifted
Shoes}thrifted
Bag}thrifted
jacket}The Bay