Silly Scallops
{I'm going to bounce from French to English titles. It's just too hard to keep coming up with original titles in one language!}
This outfit is featuring a couple of things I bought over the weekend. Obviously, my title is referring to the scallops on my cute little moss green purse. I found this little vintage gem at Second Story thrift in Stroudsburg. "Second" story cleverly named since it's on the top story of a cute little building and you have to drive up around back to get to the front of the store. This store was packed with so many great finds! Set up like a cozy little home, you could open up dresser drawers and discover a plethora of silk scarves and in the next one some vintage slips. Underneath tables would be baskets of shoes, and well, purse were everywhere, on chairs, tables and hanging from coat racks. I love stores that make you feel like you've just uncovered the perfect find. The store owner was more than helpful suggesting a few items that we might like. Nickie also scored a few purses and I bought a couple pairs of fancy pastel colored gloves (might have to make an appearance into another post).
Since Summer is in full swing I wanted to wear something lightweight, so this blouse and cotton shorts combo was perfect and still work appropriate. If I have one pet peeve is dressing inappropriately in the work place. Even though there's no dress code where I work, I still feel the responsibility to look presentable. That said, I also have a huge issue with people wearing flip flops at the office. The girls I work with make fun of me for it, but really? flip flops? you hitting the beach on your lunch break? I don't know maybe it's just me.
Outfit:
Shorts}thrifted
Top}thrifted via Beacon's Closet
Shoes}thrifted via Value Village
Purse}vintage via Second Story
Belt}thrifted via Value Village
Outfit:
Shorts}thrifted
Top}thrifted via Beacon's Closet
Shoes}thrifted via Value Village
Purse}vintage via Second Story
Belt}thrifted via Value Village