Sur le toit
Today I got an comment from a reader that said that they love hearing about my adventures in Brooklyn. It's funny because I was just going to post some pictures of my Thursday night out with friends. I usually take my camera out and snap a few pictures at the begining of the night but I sometimes forget to follow through and only end up with say, 1 picture of Nickie eating and a street shot. Not really something post worthy, right? So last night I consciously made an effort to take as many pictures as I could and not annoy the rest of my party.
I met up with Nickie after work and made out way to Greenpoint to enjoy a delicious vegan dinner cooked by the lovely folks from Dusty Rose Vintage.
I'm not sure if you have seen this already but Absolute just came out with their limited edition Brooklyn vodka. Apparently it's a Spike Lee collaboration but the fact of the matter is that it tastes like red apple and ginger. I don;t even like vodka but was drinking their concoction of Absolute BK, cranberry juice and ginger ale. I think I found my new summer drink.
We wanted to make sure that we got some rooftop shots, so after dinner we all migrated up there with drinks and chairs in tow. Look at the sky behind us!! Oh and Nikka is wearing the new Toms wedges! Good thing we're not the same shoes size as I contemplated stealing them right off her feet. I still can't make up my mind on which TOMS to get to replace the ones I had to leave behind in Vancouver.sigh.
Then the girls decided to give me their best blogger/lookbook impersonations. Pretty rad.
More hanging out.
Me. To prove to you that I do leave my backyard.My outfit is the Summer version of this. Which oddly enough was when I was meeting with these same ladies.
The Greenpoint block at 11pm.
The sky earlier that night.
Nikka and Nickie were scouting out location for our Sunday photoshoot. We found an ols school desk and chair, maybe we could fit them in as props?
The gang, winding down.
The New York skyline view from the rooftop.
And that my dears was my Thursday night in a nutshell and the reason why there was no post until now. I'll try to include more posts like these if ever I'm doing something remotely interesting. No promises though if you find it boring, you'll just have to deal.