Le Papillon rouge




When I was in my teens I was kind of obssessed with butterflies. I know, I know, which girl wasn't. But my love for buterflies, I believe, stemmed from seeing this lady in this movie. Ok, if you don't want to click on the links, I'll tell you, when I saw Drew Barrymore in Mad Love (which came out in 1995), I was madly in love with the dress that she sees in the window of a little store and then Chris O'Donnell goes and buys it for her!? Ah! Swoon.
Ok, you're probably asking why I'm taking you down memory lane of the 90's. It all comes back to this top that I saw on Modcloth! The chiffon, the butterfly print, the ruched arms...it's the closest thing I'll ever get to that amazing dress that has apparently marked me for life. I knew right away that I was going to wear it with this skirt. What I wasn't ready for is that I haven't really worn this skirt sans tights and well, it's short, tight, and red???! Ugh, bad call Mel! Anyways, I made it through the day with a mixed emotion of amazing and self-conscious all at the same time.

So you'll be happy to hear that in just a few hours I'm going to get more color done on my arm tattoo! Finally, I know. I just need to get this thing done! Anyone want to lend me a few hundred dollars so I can get it done faster? Yeah, didn't think so. Slowly but surely this thing will be fully colored. Hopefully by the end of the summer.

And since i'm on the whole Drew kick right now, remember when I said that I cut my hair of in high school. Well, it was right after seeing Mad Love, I brought in this picture and told the hairstylist to just cut it all off.


Outfit:
blouse}Vision of Love top, c/o Modcloth
Skirt}thrifted
Purse}Coach, vintage
Shoes}thrifted


Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories