Style this: Modcloth Hepcat dress

You'll have to excuse my lack of outfits this weekend. My lack of sleep and busy days have finally caught up to me and I've been feeling less than perfect since Friday. I've started taking cold fx in hopes to get this thing out of my system in 3 days so that I can resume plans that I have already commited to.

I did have time however to put together another Style this feature, which is long overdue. I've been cursing this nasty heat and am desperate for Fall so you might see that in the outfit selection I've put together.

Here's the email I received :

I thought i'd submit a dress for you to help me style (whenever you get time!). its a dress similar to this one from modcloth. its a couple years old and from target.

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Hepcat+Dress+in+Black+Licorice
I've done it w/ the black or red heels/accessories. Its such an easy dress, but some how i'm stumped as to how to style it differently. Hopefully you can jazz it up for me!





  • It's really easy to go with red accessories when you're starting with black/ white that sometimes you forget that you're working with neutrals ant that any color is a pop color. Here I decided to go with pruple, but I could've easily gone with pink/teal/or  even yellow.
  • Since the dress is simple, try going for fun accessories, the shoes and clutch are a fun way to jazz it up and the addition of the cut off gloves is for the brave one's out there.
  • I added a grey bomber because other than my denim jacket, when it gets colder out, I wear mine all the time. I like the girly/edgy combination
  • the hair bow is to add a touch of girlyness to the outfit, a headband or even headpiece would work as well
If you'd like to keep this feature going, please don't hesitate to email me an item that you'd want to see styled, either new or old sometimes you just need an outsider's point of view.

Have a good Sunday! I'm off to make some tea and wach old My So called life episodes.

Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories