La Collectionneuse

{The lady that collects}

034

029

026

This outfit didn't turn out like anything I had in mind. In my head, this dress (worn as a skirt) was a tad longer, this cardigan was a little shorter and I was...oh about 5 inches taller. Talk about an epic fail. I decided to post the pictures anyways because: 1. I had nothing else to post and didn't want to mess up my blogging schedule and 2. I'm not perfect and my outfits aren't always spot on. gasp! shock! yup, just a normal girl here getting dressed every morning. you win some, you lose some and you move on.

Thanks for all your amazing feedback on my new resolution. I thought I'd elaborate a little more on what prompted me to do this. First of all, it's not really about saving money, although naturally, not buying new clothing will automatically help me in that department. The main reason was because I feel like I lost that love for clothing. I was buying things just to buy them and not really thinking: Do I REALLY love this? Instead, I just bought it and wore it maybe 2 weeks later. Which brings me to my second reason, I have enough clothing to support a small African village. Honestly, I buy clothing, and then FORGET about them. I have clothing that still have tags on them. I have thrifted items hidden in my parent's closet that I haven't even brought home yet from my October trip to Ottawa. This has seriously  gotten ridiculous (can I put serious and ridiculous in the same sentence?I think I just did). Although I will argue that I have a normal amount of clothing for someone in the "business" I feel like I could still trim it down by a lot. My third and last reason is my strong feelings towards, reducing, reusing and recycling. I hate being an over consumer. I hate spoiling. I hate throwing things away and how that's become the norm in America. This is not good. I want to make sure that I reduce the amount of "stuff" I own. I want to reuse the clothing I do have. And I want to recycle the things I don't want anymore.
I might regret this later on, especially when the weather changes and all the Spring/Summer lines are out but you know, I just tell myself that I'll deal with it when that time comes. Just a little bit at a time. I'm thinking I'll be giving you guys updates at the end of the month on my progress and how I'm feeling about this.
Oh and I also want to say a special thank you to this girl who made me believe that I could actually do this.
PS: I do realize that the top of my head is cut off, but due to a tight morning schedule I didn't have time for retakes. deal.

sig5
Outfit:
dress (worn as skirt): Kensie (no longer available)
cardigan}Kensiegirl
boots}c/o Seychelles
necklace}c/o modcloth

Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories