Dans la cuisine: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

At the beginning of this month we celebrated my boyfriend's birthday with a little gathering of a few friends. He was heading out of the country a couple days right after so I didn't feel like a cake was very practical (unless we ate it ALL that day). When I asked him what he'd like in lieu, he said something with peanut butter. Umm, a man after my own heart. I love the stuff. In fact, I keep a jar of it in my desk at the office. Enough said.

I remembered reading somewhere that Alicia Silverstone had made her own vegan version of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups so I started my little search. This was the first time I ever made them and they were absolutely delicious, even better than the original but that's just my thoughts. Try them out for yourself.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
002
my pic.

Ingredients (makes 12 cups)
1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup maple sugar or granulated sweetener ( I used pure cane sugar)
1 cup non dairy chocolate chips or carob chips
1/4 soy milk
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)



003

Preparation:
1. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners
2. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in pb, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Mix well
4. Remove the mixture from heat. Evenly divide the mixture among the muffin cups
5. Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate
has melted.
6. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
7. Top with nuts if using.
8. Place in refrigerator to set at least 2 hours before serving.


her pic.

*Excerpted from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. A.k.a. I did not invent this recipe.


sig5

Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories