Dans la cuisine: Quinoa & Tofu wrap

When I talked about starting to chronicle my food adventures, this was not the type of meal I thought I'd be sharing. I've been following recipes from Veganomicon, The Kind Diet and The Garden of Vegan for a couple of months now but this one is one of my own creations...muah hahaha.

All kidding aside, I made this one night by throwing whatever I had in my fridge together. Yes, these are actually ingredients I have laying around. Since it turned out so delicious, and I actually made the same thing the very next night, I decided it was blogworthy.

Quinoa and tofu wrap


001

003

What you'll need (keep in mind this is definitely negotiable depending on what sort of stuff you have already):
1x whole wheat tortilla wrap
1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
cubed tofu
braggs, or soy sauce
1/2 cup kale
3 mushrooms
1 garlic clove
1/4 tomato, chopped
1/4 avocado, chopped
vegan cheese (optional)
1 tblsp veganaise

1. Cook the quinoa as directed on package. Quinoa is such a great alternative to rice and it cooks in way less time.
2. While quinoa is cooking, saute your tofu and garlic in olive oil until it starts to brown. Add a splash of Braggs seasoning or soy sauce for flavor.
3. Add mushrooms and kale and saute until kale starts looking like it's wilting. (I'm really not that great of a chef am i?)
4. Heat your tortilla wrap for a few minutes in a toaster oven (or seconds in a microwave).
5. Add all remaining ingredients on the tortilla and wrap it up!

Now sit back and enjoy. Save the leftover tofu and quinoa mixture for your lunch tomorrow.
sig5

Popular Posts

Chair Jean Shafiroff Hosts Southampton Hospital's 53rd Annual Summer Party

kristen s archives collection of erotic stories